Dell Technologies is introducing Dell Technologies On Demand, a set of consumption-based and as-a-service offerings on the industry’s broadest infrastructure portfolio that delivers IT with the agility of cloud and the control, performance, and predictability of on-premises infrastructure. As part of this new offering, the company is expanding its extensive flexible consumption portfolio to support Dell EMC PowerEdge servers and the new Dell EMC PowerOne autonomous infrastructure system.
“The multi-cloud world is here and will only grow, which means customers need on-demand and consistent infrastructure that yield predictable outcomes across all of their clouds, data centers, and edge locations,” said Jeff Clarke, vice chairman, Dell Technologies. “Dell Technologies On Demand makes it possible for organizations to plan, deploy and manage their entire IT footprint. They can choose how they consume and pay for IT solutions that meet their needs with the freedom and flexibility to evolve as their needs change over time.”
Gartner indicates that by 2022, 15% of new deployments of on-premises computing will involve pay-per-use pricing, up from less than 1% in 2019. With Dell Technologies On Demand, businesses can choose between several flexible consumption options, including global support, deployment and managed services. This helps customers reduce the management of on-premises IT to make it as easy to consume as public clouds. For example, the new PowerOne autonomous infrastructure transforms into infrastructure as a service when paired with flexible consumption solutions and value-added services from Dell Technologies On Demand. The customer pays for what they use when they use it.
Susan G. Middleton, director, Flexible Consumption and Financing Strategies for IT infrastructure, IDC, said, “As companies look to digitally transform their businesses, one of the challenges is accelerating this transformation when hindered with limited budgets and legacy infrastructure. A solution to these roadblocks is new consumption delivery models like flexible consumption and as a service. IDC research shows that customers want models that offer flexible capacity, simplified management, transparent pricing, and robust services. Dell’s addressing these needs with its expanded portfolio of consumption offerings. A program like Dell Technologies on Demand that gives customers the choice of how they want to add capacity, fully stacked solutions, a robust services portfolio and coverage from the edge, data center to the cloud, will be indispensable for customers as they embark on this transformation.”
Dell Technologies On Demand offers flexible payment options for an extensive range of technologies across the full infrastructure stack, including compute, storage, networking, and virtualization. Software-defined and hybrid cloud solutions are available via Dell Technologies Cloud and VMware, along with modern data protection, PC and digital workspaces. Customers have the freedom to shift IT infrastructure spending from one-time capital expenses to ongoing operational expenses, predictably and sensibly. Benefits include:
- Integrating full-stack solutions from Dell Technologies Cloud to Dell Technologies Unified Workspace to engineered workload solutions for critical business applications and workloads
- Matching spending with the usage through Pay As You Grow, Flex On Demand or Data Center Utility, three flexible consumption solutions** that scale while providing transparency on the total cost of ownership throughout the technology lifecycle.
- Using advanced data collection and processor-based measurement by the hour with the new Flex On Demand for PowerEdge servers to avoid the costs associated with over-provisioning.
- Providing value-added services with ProDeploy, ProSupport and Managed Services. They can be bundled effortlessly and paired with all the financial consumption models, bringing a tailored as-a-service experience.
- Expanding PCaaS to include small businesses, offering PC acquisition2, lifecycle management of hardware, software, services and financing for growing companies in a single, predictable price per seat per month.
Dell Technologies partners can now resell Dell Technologies On Demand to its customers. More than 2,000 channel partners already are using payment solutions from Dell Financial Services (DFS), and partners who finance with DFS have historically grown twice as fast with Dell than those who do not finance with DFS. “By providing flexible consumptions options on essential infrastructure through Dell Technologies On Demand, we can help customers make quicker decisions and realize a faster return on investment with our offerings,” said S.S. Lim, managing director at PTC, a Dell Technologies Titanium partner. “We needed to help our customers adopt a pay-per-use model, so they don’t have to secure a budget for capital expenses. By working with Dell Technologies, we can do this by spreading out their payments over time, enabling them to start using technology more quickly to help achieve their business goals.”