Jacob Chacko, the Regional Director for the Middle East, Saudi, and South Africa at Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, speaks about his company’s plans for GITEX 2021
Are you participating in GITEX 2021? If yes, which products and solutions will you be showcasing at GITEX Technology Week?
Yes, this will be Aruba’s 12th appearance at the event. GITEX, with its position as the Middle East’s largest tech exhibition and networking platform, is the perfect venue for us to showcase our technology in a simple, yet innovative ways. Our solutions address the specific needs and imperatives of different industries and create value through transformed customer experiences and accelerated financial outcomes. We constantly strive to build loyalty among our customers as well as channel partners (including distributors).
We will demonstrate our company’s latest technologies addressing the digital transformation needs of regional enterprises including:
- Edge transformation in action: New Aruba ESP use cases will be demonstrated across healthcare, education, hospitality, finance, manufacturing and retail.
- Unified Infrastructure: The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated digital transformation but created operational complexity for businesses. The company will showcase how its unified network simplifies network operations and boosts IT agility.
- Edge-to-cloud security: More remote workers mean more applications in the cloud. Aruba will discuss starting a SASE (Secure Access Service Edge) journey with WAN and security transformation.
- AIOps: Event attendees can discover Aruba network’s sixth sense – one that automatically monitors and fixes Wi-Fi, wired and SD-WAN environments.
- As-a-service: Aruba executives will explain the company’s flexible consumption and financing options, to easily deploy new networking technologies in times of change.
An area of focus for the company at GITEX will be on its EdgeConnect platform – an SD-WAN edge solution. The technology is built for today’s edge-to-cloud enterprise and delivers the highest quality of experience for users and IT, no matter where applications reside. Aruba enables enterprises to build a modern WAN that drives maximum value from cloud and digital transformation initiatives with a self-driving network that learns and adapts to the needs of the business.
Aruba will also showcase the company’s 630 Series Access Points (APs) – the industry’s first enterprise-grade Wi-Fi 6E solution. The benefits of Wi-Fi 6E are clear and, alongside other important networking advancements, it is set to enable businesses to become more connected than ever before. Aruba’s WiFi 6E technology will enable businesses to dispense with sluggish connections and poor user experiences, and replace them with powerful, high-speed networks.
With organizations looking to lower their risk during uncertain times, Aruba executives are keen to discuss Aruba as-a-service and Aruba network as a service (NaaS) options that offer business and IT leaders greater visibility, control, and flexibility across hardware, software, and management operations. The pay-as-you-go budgeting model respects today’s organizational imperative of guarding the bottom line.
In addition to having a stand at GITEX, the company will be hosting an ‘Aruba playground’ in meeting rooms at the adjoining Novotel hotel, where customers are invited to explore the various technologies through a hands-on approach.
What are your expectations from the event this year?
With GITEX coinciding with Expo 2020 Dubai, we expect good numbers of new trade visitors to the show this year. We are excited about the opportunity to expose our brand and build awareness of our technology innovations. Our objective, as in previous years, is to consolidate our relationships with customers and partners and build a strong pipeline of business for the year.
What will be your theme of participation at GITEX?
Aruba will be exhibiting under the theme ‘Your Journey. Your Edge’. Today, more data than ever is generated at the Edge. Legacy networks are unable to cope with the massive amounts of data and decisions required in near real-time. Network architecture needs to utilize Artificial Intelligence in order to be predictive. That’s where Aruba ESP comes in. It is the industry’s first platform with an AI-powered ‘sixth sense’. The solution is designed to unify, automate, and secure the Intelligent Edge and help organizations harness its immense potential.