Mohamed Zouari, General Manager for Middle East, Turkey & Africa at Snowflake, speaks about his company’s participation at the event
Tell us about your participation at GITEX 2023. Which products and solutions will you be showcasing at the event?
At GITEX 2023, Snowflake is set to highlight the limitless potential of generative AI and LLMs. We will discuss how Snowflake’s platform connects organisations to the Data Cloud, and securely leverages generative AI and Large Language Model (LLM) innovations.
We have recently made strategic investments to fast-track these technologies for our customers, including acquisitions of Neeva, Applica, Streamlit, and Reka. In line with this, Snowflake has rolled out Document AI (private preview), which utilizes its in-house large language model to gather deeper insights from documents more quickly, accurately, and easily.
Additionally, the introduction of Snowpark Container Services, also in private preview, broadens Snowflake’s computing capabilities to accommodate diverse workloads, such as full-stack apps, secure hosting of large language models, efficient model training, and more—all within the secure environment of Snowflake.
Snowflake will also highlight its solutions to tackle vertical-specific challenges and opportunities in various sectors like finance, retail, and advertising.
What are your expectations from the event this year?
We are incredibly excited about this year’s event as it aligns perfectly with Snowflake’s mission to eliminate data silos and mobilize enterprise data. Our expectations are twofold:
- Showcase Advancements: We look forward to demonstrating the significant strides Snowflake has made in AI-driven functionality. Our platform now not only enables secure AI/ML workloads on enterprise data but also reimagines the developer and administrative experience through AI.
- Collaboration and Learning: We anticipate engaging in discussions and collaboration with industry leaders, potential clients, and partners. These interactions will provide valuable insights into how businesses can achieve unparalleled governance over their data, access first and third-party AI models, and benefit from a self-managing, elastic infrastructure.
What will be your theme of participation at GITEX 2023?
As AI allows companies to embrace new capabilities, our theme at GITEX is focused on delivering a great product experience and removing complexity for our customers in successfully leveraging this new technology. Our AI-driven user experience is designed to delight, ensuring that our customers can fully embrace AI’s potential and confidently make data-driven decisions.
Attendees will get an exclusive look at how Snowflake enables businesses to create and monetize data-intensive applications and deploy them directly in the Data Cloud. Utilizing Snowflake as the core platform for application development can transform data sharing and collaboration across an entire organization, setting a new standard in the data-sharing economy.
Do you plan to run any online engagements such as webinars and offline engagements such as tech talks, demos, keynotes, and so on, alongside GITEX 2023?
We will be hosting an array of compelling sessions showcasing our cutting-edge product portfolio, and a panel discussion with Mohammed Zouari, General Manager – Middle East, Turkey & Africa along with some of our esteemed customers to share insights on unlocking the power of data for organizations.
How have your regional strategies changed in recent months?
In recent months, Snowflake has been focusing on helping companies in the UAE capitalize on the burgeoning growth and interest in AI and LLMs. Our regional strategy has evolved to address the unique needs and opportunities in this market. Here are some key aspects:
- Secure and Governed Platform: One of our unique selling points is providing a secure and governed platform that allows businesses to maximize their AI potential. We offer consistent protection across data and models, safeguarding data from unintended use through role-based access definitions. This ensures a unified approach to security and governance across data, computing, models, and apps.
- Infrastructure for LLM Apps: We’ve simplified the process of developing Language Learning Model (LLM) applications. Our platform enables companies to focus on customizing LLMs and building apps that unlock new experiences. This is made possible through our container-based, GPU-powered compute provisioned with auto-scaling definitions, all achievable in under 10 lines of code.
- LLM-Powered Analytics & Development: To further accelerate development and analytics, we offer built-in tools and functions that leverage Snowflake-managed LLMs. This allows for quicker analysis of unstructured data and the use of AI assistants to speed up development cycles.